G.O.MS.No. 37 Dated: 06-06-2016
Read the following:
1.From the Joint Secretary to C.M. CMO, CMP No.1812/JS/2015 (VIJ) , dated 05.04.2016.
2. From the Commissioner & Ex-Officio Secretary to Govt (AYUSH), A.P. Hyderabad, Note No. 500/C2/2016, dated 15.04.2016.
In pursuance of the decision of Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, Ministry of Human Resource Development (GoI) has transferred four components of the “Scheme on Quality Improvement in Schools” to National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). “Introduction of Yoga in Schools” is one of the components to be implemented by NCERT. Yoga has been an integral part of the subject “Health and Physical Education”, which is a compulsory subject up to the secondary school stage.
2. The prime outline of the stipulations made in the National Curriculum Framework – 2005 and the Position Paper on Health and Physical Education emphasizes “Participation of all children in free play, informal and formal games, Yoga and sports activities for their physical and psycho-social development”.
3. Government have also observed that Yoga or Meditation is essentially a discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between mind and body. It is physical activity for healthy living.
4. Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby orders for implementation of Yoga or Meditation in all schools and Junior Colleges from classes VI to XII from the academic year 2016-17 as a part and parcel of Physical Literacy in the State of Andhra Pradesh by involving reputed Yoga Organizations in the country, especially ISHA Foundation as a coordinator of the Programm
5. The Commissioner of School Education, the Commissioner of Intermediate Education and all the participant Departments shall take necessary further action on the following items for successful implementation of programme:-
i. This programme shall be implemented in all categories of schools and Jr. Colleges functioning under the Government, aided and unaided Private managements imparting education from classes VI to XII in the State of Andhra Prad
ii. Services of reputed Yoga / Meditation organizations shall be utilized in promoting Yoga or Meditation for benefiting the Students, Teachers etc of the State. Their services may be utilized for Establishment of centers of excellence in Yoga & Naturopathy / Meditation wellness centers e, for imparting training to Students, Volunteers, PETs and other working teachers / lecturers in School / Intermediate Education.
iii. Continue the Yoga / Meditation training programme designed for Physical Education Teachers / Physical Directors working in the School / Intermediate Education Department.
Click on below link to download