Rc. No. 01/A& 1/2014 Dated: 19/04/2016
Sub: School Education – Completing the School Admissions for the academic year 2016 – 17 between 20.04.2016 and 05.05.2016 -Instructions issued – Reg.
Read: RTE Act No. 35 of 2009
All the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and District Educational Officers in the State arc informed that under Right to Education (RTE) Act 2009, the Right to Education is accorded the same legal status as the Right to Life as provided by Article 21 (a) of Indian Constitution. Every child in age group of 6 to 14 years shall be provided upto 8 years of Elementary Education on admission to an age appropriate class in the vicinity of his / her neighborhood.
It is further informed that a review of the enrolment in Government Schools is taken up as part of the Rationalization- Resource Redistribution exercise. It is proposed to undertake rationalization of all categories of schools and teacher transfers during the summer of 2016 and before the reopening of the Schools in 13.6.2016.
It is further informed that there is a declining trend in Government schools’ enrolment over the years. This is resulting in closing of zero enrolment schools, merging/consolidation of non-viable schools with neighboring schools during the rationalization process. Multi-grade teaching becomes inevitable when the enrollment does not justify allocation of full complement of teachers.
In the above context, it is proposed to take up a special campaign “Mana Vooru – Mana Badi” to complete the Admissions of 2016 academic year in all Government/Zilla Perished Schools from 20th April to 5Th May 2016.
Objective of “Mana Vooru-Mana Badi” Campaign:
- To take up and complete admissions for the academic year 2016-17 from 25th April to 5th May 2016.
- To target the following categories of children for admission to /MPP/ZP Primary and High Schools
- Children completing S yours of age in Anganwadi Centers
- Children completing class V in Primary School to be admitted in class VI in High Schools
- Children in slum areas.
- Drop Out and Out of School Children.
- Children residing in the vicinity of Model Primary Schools.
- To encourage the parents to admit the school aged children in Government school.
- To make aware the parents and their wards studying in private schools about the benefits being provided by the Government like good infrastructure, well qualified teachers, free text books, free uniforms, Digital Class Rooms, quality teaching, English Medium option, etc. and to encourage them to sock admission in the Government
Click on below link to download